This is where your child's Royal Russell journey begins. Children joining our Nursery, from the September after their 3rd birthday, are warmly welcomed into our happy, family centered, nurturing community.
Our aim is to build upon every child’s natural curiosity. We inspire a love of learning, exploration and creativity. We offer a safe and well-resourced learning environment designed to stimulate imagination, social interaction and the development of a range of skills, ensuring that your child will grow in confidence and be fully prepared for transition into the next step of their educational journey. We focus on the joy of learning, happiness, self-esteem and confidence.
What makes us special
Leaving your child for the first time can be a daunting experience for you. Our caring family atmosphere ensures that your child will quickly settle into their exciting new routines, make friends and become confident early learners. We promote a caring, happy ethos and value working in close partnership with families to meet the needs of each child. Our vibrant learning environment and our highly qualified, dedicated staff combine to support all our children through their first steps of development.
- Impressive, purpose built, Early Years Centre designed with the needs of our youngest children in mind
- Stimulating indoor and outdoor areas enabling a fully free flow , child led experience
- Two safely enclosed outdoor learning environments including sand and water play, a mud kitchen, a quiet area and a digging patch and planting area
- Access to our extensive 110 acres of playing fields and natural woodland, Forest School, adventure playground and are within a short stroll to our on-site heated indoor pool
- Specialist teaching staff for swimming, dance, music, french and art and design
Transition to Reception - Your child’s next steps
Our dedicated EYFS team support the Nursery children with the move to their Reception classes. The children will already be familiar with Reception teaching staff and the environment that awaits them. The children are encouraged to explore all areas of learning through the free-flowing shared learning environments.
- Small class sizes with highly qualified teaching staff
- A creative Early Years curriculum
- Daily focused learning opportunities in phonics, reading, writing and mathematics
- Specialist lessons in music, dance, gymnastics, swimming, french and expressive arts and design
- Weekly Forest School sessions
- Exciting and enabling learning environments
Being part of the Royal Russell community from 3 years old
- All children attend Chapel services every two weeks and also take part in our special Christmas Nativity and Mothering Sunday Services
- The children attend special celebration assemblies on a Friday afternoon. Parents are warmly invited to join us to celebrate the children’s birthdays and special achievements
- The children participate in a wide variety of sporting activities from a young age. In the summer the EYFS children join in with a wonderful sports day
It would be our pleasure to take you on a personal tour of Royal Russell for you to see our happy and thriving community in action, and to experience first-hand the memorable and enjoyable education and care that is available for your child.
Head of Early Years
What our parents say:
I believe Royal Russell is friendly, unique, challenging and is situated in beautiful grounds. The education standard is very good and will make a difference in my child progressing in the future.' Parental Survey, Nursery Parent
'In my view the strength of the school lies in the quality and integrity of teaching staff. Everyone appears to be extremely committed and go the extra mile to help my child. My child adores her teachers.
Parental Survey, Nursery Parent.