Royal Russell is proud to have enjoyed Royal Patronage from its foundation and Her Majesty The Queen has visited our school on four occasions.
Her first visit was in 1950 as Princess Elizabeth; in 1963 she opened Cambridge House and the Practical Block and she joined our celebrations of 125 years in 1979.
In 2003 we held celebrations to mark our sesquicentennial year and Queen Elizabeth II again visited our School to open the Library and Sixth Form Centre.
In 2010 Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex officially opened our new Performing Arts Centre.
The School celebrated the occasion of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee in June 2012 and received a personal message of good wishes from The Queen.