In 2018 the 1853 Society has agreed to fund:
- Another competition standard trampoline
- Developments to the Junior School outdoor play area
- A biology course for years 9 -13
- A new vinyl laser cutter for the Senior School's Design & Technology Dept
Here's how we've helped in previous years:
- We contributed £100,000 towards the building of a new Pavilion on North Pitch
- The 1853 Society has made a significant contribution towards the Junior School Adventure Playground
- Contribution to new blackout curtains in the Auditorium
- Purchase of artwork for the Chapel
- Contribution to the Year 6 Production
- Concert music stands
- Golf equipment for new golf range
- New Hymnals and offertory for the Chapel
- Cameras and equipment for the Media Department
- Tournament quality trampoline
Make a Suggestion
If you have a suggestion about what you would like to see the 1853 Society fund for the School, let us know. The Committee considers bids from the School each term and we are happy to hear parents' thoughts and ideas too.
Support for Charities
We use some of the proceeds raised at our events to support elected Charities that are close to the heart of the Royal Russell community.
We have supported the Royal Marsden Hospital, the Fashion & Textile Children's Trust, Teens Unite, (a charity which helps children with cancer) and the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
In the past we have also donated to the Two Bridges Primary School in Kampala, Uganda. Royal Russell has supported this school for many years as students raise funds themselves and travel to Uganda to help with a variety of essential and basic projects to provide and build for this very remote and poor region.